The accomplishment of a company depends on its sales funnel strategies. Proper planning is needed in order to maintain long-term affluence.
Sales funnel strategies are the backbone of the sales and marketing strategies of your company. It attracts visitors and converts them into customers. Without having good marketing and sales strategies, your business will eventually fail.
Therefore, creating a sales funnel is the most essential thing you can do for your business especially when it comes to opening up the traffic floodgates with paid ads.
Before moving forward on how you can create your first sales funnel, you should first be aware of what actually a sales funnel is?
What is a sales funnel?
Also known as a revenue funnel or sales process, sales funnel is a marketing term. It is referred to as a buying process where companies lead their customers through when purchasing products. In simple terms, it is a planned marketing strategy where companies convert their potential buyers into customers. The primary goal of the entire sales funnel is to solve the problems of your customers.
Just like its name, it is usually represented by a funnel-shaped diagram. A sales funnel is primarily divided into four steps namely
- Awareness Phase- The first stage of the sales funnel is the awareness stage where your prospects become aware of your products or services. On the way of finding the solution for their problems, they enter into awareness stage through various means such as ebook downloads, email newsletter signups, online offer and so on.
- Interest Phase- It is the stage where your leads become qualified. You get to know more about your prospects by asking them questions and helping them with the right solutions for them.
- Evaluation or Decision Phase- This is a crucial stage as getting prospective buyers to make a decision is not an easy task. You have to make a lot of efforts to convince your buyer’s why they should go with your products or services.
- Action Phase- It is the final stage of sales funnel where buyers take an action you are aiming them to perform. A stage where the prospects purchase your goods or services and become your loyal customer.
Moving people from these areas requires software and there’s a flood to hit the market, however none are quite like the Kartra platform we’ve recently tested for building out a complete campaigns and they’ve currently put together Katra trial pricing that makes it affordable for even beginners.
Now you know the importance of sales funnel, let’s find out what are the 4 tips for creating your first sales funnel
1. Create a landing page for your product or service
Your landing page will be the first impression your prospect will come across when they come after clicking on your ad or other content. It is a primary element of your sales funnel without which you can’t make a sale. Therefore, create a beautiful and appealing landing page. You must carefully design your landing in such a way that your buyer should know where they have to go from one point to another at your website. In addition to that, various companies have different landing page purposes such as some wants to sell their product or services, some want their prospects to download their ebook, and some wants them to watch their informative videos. However, if you’re selling any product or services, make sure for each product or services you have a dedicated landing page. Few things to keep in mind while creating a landing page are:
- The headline of your landing page must match with the ad linked to it.
- You CTA’s should be bold and appealing that convey them exactly what they have to do next whether it is signing up, buy now, get my free ebook, etc.
- You may use video on your landing page to increase the conversion rate.
2. Drive traffic to your landing page
A high-quality landing page without any traffic will not help you in making sales. Therefore, you need to work harder to drive traffic to your landing page. You need to make a strategy so that your potential customers can move onto the next step of your sales funnel. Furthermore, there are several methods you can drive traffic to your landing page according to your goal, audience, and budget.
- PPC (Pay Per Click) Ads- This is one of the popular ways among the marketers to generate drive as it can be reached on a variety of channels and networks. You can create your ads on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, or on Google Adwords.
- Social Media- Social media channels are a great way to reach to the potential buyers in the beginning and middle of the sales funnel.
- Content marketing- You may also drive traffic through blog posts, email, and case studies.
3. Create a lead magnet to collect email address
The next step you should do is create content that attracts your visitors. You need to target them with the content they are looking for. Offer them the solution to their problem.
Also, mention why your solution will solve their problem is the best one. Send them an ebook, guides, cheat sheet, pdf, checklist or any other resources they are looking for.
Additionally, creating lead magnets helps you in providing something valuable to your prospects. Moreover, you get the email address of your prospects which helps you with further marketing. If you have the email id of your potential buyer, you can easily persuade them to buy your products or services by sending them more information.
4. Set up an email marketing drip campaign
Setting up email marketing is the next step in your sales funnels. It builds a strong relationship between you and your potential customers. Send them an email by providing amazing content to them. Moreover, this will help them in making a purchasing decision. The goal of email marketing drip campaign is to remind the customers about your product or services frequently. A normal email marketing campaign consists of
- Welcome Email which consists thank you mail to the prospect for showing interest to the product or services
- An email which offers freebies, giveaways, ebook, checklist, etc.
- In this email include reviews or testimonials about your product or services.
- Send the email to let your potential buyer know how your product or services has benefited your customers. How it will help them in solving their problems.
- The final email which includes hard sell.
To conclude, creating a sales funnel may require a lot of time and effort without the right software.
However, if you do it correctly, you will end up gaining a lot of profits for your business. Just remember the key to build the best sales funnel starts from top and moves towards the bottom.